Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Kisspat Hair Chalk Review


 

I had the opportunity to review Kisspat Hair Chalk.  I was super excited to review this product because I had seen hair chalk in magazines but had never had the chance to try it and was very curious.  When I got the package
I immediately opened it to play with the chalks.  I have to admit that I was a little disappointed at the size of the chalks only because I was expecting them to be bigger.  Other than that I was completely happy, especially that it came with 12 different colors; black, brown, purple, dark blue, light blue, forest green, lime green, red, red-orange, orange, yellow, and white.  I could not wait to try them.

I was so excited I forgot to take a picture before we used them!

I first tried it on my hair and chose to use dark blue.  I picked a strand near my face so it was easy for me to see and went to work.

It was super easy to use.  I dampened my hair then gently rubbed the chalk down my hair and watched as the color  develop with each stroke.  I was thrilled that the color showed up in my hair even though I have dark hair but have little tolerance for doing my own hair because I suck at doing anything with my own hair unless it is throwing it in a ponytail so stopped at one streak.  Luckily though I have a very girlie-girl Munchkin that couldn't wait to be my guinea pig.

I decided to wait to use it on her hair until we went to GiGi's (grandma) because GiGi is a girlie-girl herself and LOVES stuff like this.  At GiGi's house we ended up having a girlie-girl party it seems.  Munchkin 2 had her nails and hair done all at once!  Grandma was doing her nails while I was doing her hair.  She loved it!  GiGi was super impressed with the hair chalk and thought  it was the neatest thing.

Munchkin 1's hair turned out great!  The only issue I had was the chalk made her hair stringy looking but I just brushed her hair and it softened it up a bit.  I went wild with her hair because I wanted to try every color out but she is 2 and has her limits that she can sit still.
Before I brushed the chalked hair.
After I brushed the chalked hair.
The brushed hair with chalk (white and green) next to the unbrushed (red).

I had to laugh because she disappeared into the bathroom and comes back with a strand of her hair wet and wants purple in her hair!  And of course I was all too willing to oblige.

 
Then we also had to do some streaks on her black Scottie to make him "spirited".  We gave him orange in the Halloween spirit.  The poor dog!

Isn't he Handsome?! 


I have to tell you we got a fair amount of teasing from the boys (Hubby, grandpa, and Munchkin 1) but we didn't care because we were having a blast!

Overall I am very happy with the Kisspat Hair Chalk.  Yes, the chalks were a bit smaller than I thought they would be but it doesn't take much to color your hair, especially if it is lighter.  I think this hair chalk would be great for everyday use or for girls birthday parties.  I also love that it washed out easily. 




I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment