Monday, March 11, 2013

D- Link Cloud Camera


For Christmas Munchkin 2 was given a new bed from her Gramps because she was no longer in her crib and would not sleep in her toddler bed.  She preferred to sleep on the floor.  This was something I went through with Munchkin 1 as well and did not want to deal with it again.  But as soon as she got the big girl bed she started sleeping in her bed and not on the floor! 

When bed shopping we wanted a bed that we could get the most use out of and would last her years, not just a few years until she out grew it.  We ended up getting a bunk bed.  The bed is awesome and will be great for her sleepovers.  Sounds great right?  Don't see the problem?  The problem is she is only 3 and I am terrified of her falling off the top bunk, even though she is careful.

My fears have been put to rest though!  I had the chance to review the
D-Link Cloud Camera which has calmed my fears.  We have had a normal sound only baby monitor but there was no way to tell if she was on the top bunk.  With the D-Link Cloud Camera I can see what she is doing in her room and not have to worry as much.

Ultra Slim Design


Although I am using it as a type of baby monitor, it isn't a baby monitor.  It can be used for so much more!  I am actually thinking of getting another one for my front door so I can see who is at the door before I open it so I know if it is the post lady dropping off a package or one of Munchkin 1's friends.  Or a solicitor that I don't want to open the door for.  It would make it a lot easier because I don't have to open the door right away to get the package which is always a pain because my dogs get all excited every time the mail person comes.

The D-Link Cloud Camera can also be used to keep an eye on your pups while you are away or a babysitter.  There are so many possibilities for this camera and I am in love.  Honestly I was one for every room of my house! 



Now that you know what I use it for and some other uses for it I want to tell you more about the camera.  I love all the features it has.  The camera is a small and compact and fits well in small places.  It comes with a base and mounting kit that can be mounted to just about any thing, you could even just leave it on a desk, table, or shelf if you wanted.  Speaking of its mounting system, it was super easy to mount on Munchkin 2's wall, 2 screws and  I was done.


Setting the camera up was a breeze.  It can be set up either through an Ethernet cable or wirelessly which is great.  I love anything wireless.  That meant I was not limited to the length of the Ethernet cable.  I do recommend setting the camera up and connecting it to your network before mounting it because it is just easier that way (IMO). 


Once the camera is set up you are prompted to set up D-Link account so that you can view the feed from your camera.  I love that I don't have to be on the computer to view the feed.  I can even see it on my phone or tablet!  The picture is a lot clearer than I thought it would be too.  I was happy about that.  The picture is in color when the lights are on and black and white when the lights are off, except Munchkin 2's room is so dim it is in black and white.  But I don't mind the black and white, I was just thrilled that it worked in the dark because that was what I really wanted it for was when we put Munchkins 1 to bed and her naps.  Those are the times you don't want to go peek in on your child.  I know I don't at least because if I go check on her after we put her down she flips out and wants to get back up.  So the D-Link Cloud camera is a perfect compromise; I can keep an eye on her and she can have her independence going to bed without me checking on her.   I can even zoom in!


I also like it because when Munchkin 1 plays in Munchkin 2's room he claims she makes the mess but it only gets super messy after he has been in there......so now I have proof!  But seriously, I really love this camera and it has given me a piece of mind I didn't have before.  And I will be using it when we go out of town for ten days this summer to keep an eye on the dogs (we have 2) because although we have someone watch them for us and let them out, last time we came back to 7 different large holes in our walls because the puppy got bored and didn't have a lot of supervision.  So this time we can check in on them even when no one is there and if they are getting into mischief I can call my neighbor and have them got check on them.  I love that.

As I have said before there are many, many different ways to use this camera and it is easy to setup and use...even for those of us who are not very tech savvy.  So if you are looking into a video monitor for baby, a way to see who is at the door before you answer it, or just a way to check in on the pups when you are away, the D-Link Cloud camera is your reliable solution.

You can find the D-Link Cloud Camera at the D-Link Website along with many other great products.  You can also find them on Facebook and Twitter, even YouTube.

Jenn, Mom Of Two Munchkins was provided with a free sample of this product to review, and was under no obligation to review it.  Nor was Jenn, Mom Of Two Munchkins under any obligation to write a positive review in return for the free product.

No comments:

Post a Comment