Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Weirder Than Marshmallows Book Review



I was selected to review Weirder Than Marshmallows by Dan Fogg and was surprised.  Keep reading for my review.

I have to start by saying that this book was not what I thought it would be.  It knew it was supposed to be funny but was expecting it to be more jokes and less real life.  But I wasn't really exactly sure what to expect.

This book was amusing and so very true.  I found myself relating to many of the essays in this book.  Especially on that was about elections.  I thought that was had perfect timing.  I found it interesting that many of my own rants were in the book.  Made me feel like maybe I was not as crazy as I thought!

The book contains 5 chapters:
Do Not Stop on Tracks
En Masse
Technology Sucks
That’s Just Freaky
Weird Stuff

The first chapter immediately catches your attention and makes you keep reading out of pure anticipation of what will be said next.  Brilliant!
I love how they describe the book and how the title got it's name.  "I could rant about marshmallows forever.  But this book isn’t about marshmallows, this book is about stories.  Stories, that are, like marshmallows, strange, mind boggling, but somehow appealing to the public at large.  Hard to explain, impossible to ignore."


I couldn't have captured the book or marshmallows any better!

I love Daniel Fogg's honesty throughout the book and how many of his points are things I have wondered about myself.  It is a well written book that begs to be read.

Make sure you buy your copy of Weirder than Marshmallows today.  This book would make a great gift or stocking stuffer!

Weirder Than Marshmallows was published by Nightfire Publications



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment: