Thursday, February 28, 2013

Waffle Recipe

The Munchkins love waffles so I make sure to always make a bunch when I make them and freeze some so we can just toss them in the toaster.  This gives them a quick, hot breakfast.  I also love to freeze pancakes.  I love that you can change up waffles by adding different ingredients to the batter.

Waffles

Makes about 12 waffles
Total Time: 20 minutes

Ingredients

2 cups Baking Mix
1 egg
1 1/3 cup milk
2 tablespoons oil (I use olive oil)

Instructions

  1. Heat your waffle iron, make sure to spray it with cooking spray to prevent sticking
  2. Whisk together milk, egg, and oil
  3. Mix baking mix into the milk mixture
  4. pour batter into the waffle iron, make sure not to fill to much of it will seep out
  5. cook until it stops steaming and is golden brown
If you would like to add mix-ins then you will want to add these between steps 2 and 3.  You can either  add them to the mix or sprinkle them on the pancake before it is flipped. 

Note:  This recipe uses my homemade baking mix.  You can find the recipe for the baking mix here.

No comments:

Post a Comment