Sunday, May 26, 2013

Cooking and Conversations


Dinner time is a time for my family to get together and talk about our day.  It is one of my favorite parts of the day because it is the time that we are all together and can have some quality time together.  Any other time of the day we are spread out through the house or we aren't all home at the same time between work, school, friends, and running to the store.  It seems we don't always get as much time together as we would like but we cherish dinner time because of the time we get with each other.




The downside of dinner time is the amount of time I spend in the kitchen prepping and cooking dinner.  This time takes away from the time I have to spends at the table with my family.  But.....yes, there is always a but, I have found a way to lengthen the amount of time I get to spend with my family at dinner time.  It is as easy as cooking dinner not at the stove or in the oven but on the table.  Yep, right at the tabletop cooking.  I am going to tell you this new revelation I have encounter and absolutely love.


Anne Lawrence is a mother of three who had the same problem that we all have, not enough time to spend with her family because of busy lives, so she wanted to find a way around this.  One day while rushing through the grocery store she saw a raclette and bought it spontaneously.  She got it home and found that it didn't come with any instructions or recipes to get her started so she did what I would have done....experimented and figured it out on her own with her kids.  Then she realized that this little raclette had greatly improved the amount of time she was getting with her children and they were making snack, and meals together and having fun doing it.  So she was getting more family time and reducing the stress of meal time.  Doesn't get any better than that.


This inspired her to write Conversational Cooking so that all families can experience this stress free family time for themselves but also have a starting point for recipes.  The book comes with 2 raclettes but they also have a 4 raclettes bundle bundle which is what I have.


My family had so much fun playing with our raclettes.  The first night we decided rather than going with one of the recipes in the cookbook we would experiment and we decided on fajitas for that night.  I prepped all the meat and veggies and we each had our own raclette to cook on so we could cook our meat "to order".  It was a blast for all of us, even myself and the hubby.  We were shocked to see how well you could cook with a few candles.  The meat cooked well and a lot quicker than I imagined.  It was nice to have fresh hot meat that went straight from the cooking surface into my tortilla.

For dessert we decided to have a fruit platter with chocolate and caramel to dip in.  I squeezed some caramel onto the plate and some chocolate chips onto another plate and heated them.  I have to admit that melting chocolate takes some trial and error because you don't realize how hot the candles really get the cooking plate and the chocolate seizes easily so you want to use low heat.

I would recommend Conversational Cooking not only for family's but it would be great for a date.  or even a party.

Enter To Win

Giveaway Coming Soon



Jenn, Mom Of Two Munchkins was provided with a free sample of this product to review, and was under no obligation to review it.  Nor was Jenn, Mom Of Two Munchkins under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.   Jenn, Mom Of Two Munchkins is not responsible for shipping of prize.  Conversational Cooking has the sole responsibility for shipping of prize.  Prize value is approximately $39.95.


No comments:

Post a Comment