Monday, April 8, 2013

What's It Like, Living Green? Kids Teaching Kids by the Way They Live

 
I have mentioned many times in my reviews and other post how I try to do what I can to reduce and improve my carbon footprint. I am sure I could do more but I think I am on the right path. Recently I was asked to review a book for kids about "living green" called, What's It Like, Living Green? Kids Teaching Kids by the Way They Live by Jill Vanderwood. I decided that since this book was great for Munchkin 1's age group then I would have him review it. Like me Munchkin 1 has a passion for trying to be environmentally smart. He has actually inspired me in many instances.



What Munchkin 1 had to say:
"What's It Like, Living Green? Kids Teaching Kids" is one of the best books I have ever read. I like that there are stories from kids, by kids. I like how in the beginning it gives you a quiz to find out how green you are. There is also a color wheel with different shades of green. That is another tool the book gives you to see how green you are. There is white for Absence of Green. There is Cactus green and so on. It goes on until the darkest green, forest green. In the book, it describes what you need to do for one of these shades. In the stories they show your benefits of recycling, such as getting paid. Some recycling plants only take certain metals. So some people use the acronym ABC's of recycling. A is for aluminum. B is for brass. C is for copper. A is for Stainless steel. You can lower your electric and water bills by doing things as simple as turning off a light and turning off the water when you brush your teeth. I have even learned about Freecycle because of this book. Freecycle is a website where you can get stuff for free. On Freecycle you can also give away your own stuff. You can give anything on Freecycle, toys, clothes, plants, and electronics. These are only some of the categories. This book has also introduced me to Nickelodeon's The Big Help. It is also about going green, so again this book is one of the best books I have ever read."

 I was amazed to see how much Munchkin 1 learned from this book. I thought it was awesome that the book mentioned Freecycle because this is a site I have been using for years and am constantly telling people about. I was super excited to see that he enjoyed the book as much as he did.

Check out the other books by Jill Vanderwood too.

Enter to Win




Jenn, Mom Of Two Munchkins was provided with a free sample of this product to review, and was under no obligation to review it.  Nor was Jenn, Mom Of Two Munchkins under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.   Jenn, Mom Of Two Munchkins is not responsible for shipping of prize.  Sponsor  has the sole responsibility for shipping of prize.  Prize value is approximately $12.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment